Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Change of pace

I have a bit more healthy bankroll nowadays, sitting just under 800 or so. I decided to deposit over at Bodog, and give it another try over there. I keep hearing how horrible the play is, so I'll try and take advantage. Now first off... I started playing some 50NL. First night didn't go so well, I got stacked one hand and dropped like another 10 after that and finished down about 60 or so. Not too bad, I just couldn't hit anything and when I did, no payoffs. I didn't see the so called donkeys for a while. The second day was another tight table and I was starting to think the donks were a myth. Every table I was on, I'd hit something, and bet the flop and it folds around. It was playing tighter than i'm used to even on full tilt. Then eventually I play last night and things were going about the same, but all of a sudden the table just got lively. People started to call all kinds of preflop raises, then I pick up AA. Get it all-in with 4 others, and somehow the fucking aces hold up! The board was AK610Q with 3 hearts... and I still won the fuckin hand. $150 pot and now i'm back in the black and then some. Finally I reap the rewards of the idiots. In the hand with me was 33, 77, 45s and 56s. WHA??? They said they had to call cause the odds were there, lol. Cause we just kept raising till everyone got all in. But for the most part, the cash games weren't as loose as I was expecting.

But tournaments.... A WHOLE OTHER STORY!!!

I just busted in a $20 tourney, and these people are just insane. Folding preflop is NOT an option to these guys. I was raising 5 and 6x the BB and still getting 3 callers, and getting sucked out on hard. I came back twice but eventually busted with a KJ against some guy who seriously played every hand, he had KQ and hit 2 pair against my one. But just ridiculous. They're so bad I don't even know what to do. It's hard for me to play when logic plays no part whatsoever. But we'll see how things go from here.

I also busted out of the FCPFC in 6th tonight. I was in the lead quite awhile and in the top 3 most of the time, and then teneight slowplays the shit out of AK against my AQ and we get it all in on the river and of course i'm out kicked by one fucking card. Bastard! I guess they were mostly his chips though anyway, he's a major calling station. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kurt,
just curious, do you have to pay taxes on the seat that u won from the bellagio?

2/11/2006 6:19 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

No I didn't, at least not that I know of. :)

2/28/2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home