Monday, February 27, 2006

Quick Update

Well... Things have been up and down since the nice MTT cash.

I moved my money over to party after they re-did the software and started playing some 2/4. I have enough to play higher now, but i'm getting back into limit so I thought I should warm up a bit. Things went well at first, very well... I was cruising for the first 8 or 900 hands. Then 4-tabled the other day and hit a downswing. I mean, it was nothing major and i'm still over 5bb/100 overall, although a small sample... about 1300 hands I think.

Then this weekend rolled around and I went back and played a little 1/2NL, and just got my ass beat down. There's nothing worse than playing great and still getting fucked. I just kept having donkeys suckout on me. Then I'll make some money back up, and they do it again. I wound up losing about 650 playing NL, and put myself into the negative from what I started the deposit with. Not far into it though.

So then I figure, maybe NL is a bit too volitaile, because it really tilted me and caused a big fight with my gf, because I was hitting the wall, and she REALLY doesn't like that. But I figure, I have enough to play 3/6 with a healthy bankroll, so tonight I gave it shot. I am just ending a session 2-tabling 3/6 and things went very well. At the moment i've played about 2 hours and 20 minutes... a little over 400 hands, and i'm up 11bb/100 or about $280. Pretty damn good hourly rate.

Oh, also... I got 124th in Party's 500k guaranteed last weekend. I should have final tabled it, but 2 really nasty hands put me out prematurely, but I was playing great and felt really good about it. But it's tough to win when your AKs goes down to AQo when the flop is xKx w/ 2 diamonds, and he hits running diamonds for his Ad to beat you. So I was very upset, but it was nice to see that I can get deep in a field of over 3100 and threaten to seriously do some damage in the late stages. Trust me, if that AK hand or one that happened a few before it didn't go the way they went, I'd be at the final table... and once i'm there it's hard to keep me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home