Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Time for a big cash!

Things have been going well since I've been at Bodog. Cash games are juicy and tournies are retardedly donktastic, but I got it done tonight.

Took 2nd in the Bodog 15k Guarantee for $2625.

More than tripled my BR and things are looking real good.

Just a brief tourney summary, cause it's late...
But for the first hour, no joke, I probably played 4 hands. I was the most card dead I've ever seen. I managed to hang onto 1000 chips going into the 2nd hour though, and went on a small little tear right after that and got the chips up to like 4500 in the first level of hour 2. Finally gave me a little breathing room and I just hung tight from there on out. Took what they gave to me and busted a stack or two along the way. I had no big hands, even through the end... I had KK once, and that was it. Really, i'm not even sure how I did so well, but I just kept making steals at the right time, especially at the final table. Once the bubble burst, I just stayed patient and picked good spots and the FT kept getting closer and closer till we were down to 12 and I hit a few hands and made a play or two, and all of a sudden i'm 2nd in chips.

The blind structure is complete shit in the later levels at Bodog, but everyone was shorstacked, and I know pretty well how to play a shorstack, so I think it helped me actually. There were very few stacks who could consistently raise without a hand, or without just pushing all-in, so it was right up my alley, I know how to play the low M stack well.

Finally hit the Final Table in 2nd position and lots of people were moving chips around and I pretty much stayed out of the way, and stole some blinds along the way until we got about 6 handed. Then I busted the 5th guy and was still sitting 2nd, as the leader was also playing very cautious and well. Eventually the leader got screwed with KK and busted in 4th after being crippled... then we had a long stint of 3 handed play where I pretty much Pwned both of the other players and managed to take the lead. But towards the end of the 3 handed play I caught a few cards while the other players did, and wisely got out of the way, but lost some chips preflop and eventually the new leader busted the shorstack and we got heads up.

We only got to play one hand heads up.

I had K7s. He limped, I checked it. Flop was K42, he checked, I checked behind, hoping to make a move on the turn. Turn was a 7, giving me 2 pair. I bet 8000 and he called. River 6, and he pushes all-in. I call, and he shows me 5 fucking 3 for the rivered straight. Just a brutal river and pretty dissapointing because I am completely confident I could have taken him HU.

Overall though I'm ecstatic, this is my biggest cash ever actually. If you don't count the WPT entry. So it was good to finally have my play work out the way I want, and I know I can keep playing solid and I should be able to get back before too long.

1 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

good job. very impressed.

2/15/2006 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home