Tuesday, March 28, 2006

2 Weeks till Vegas!!!

I'm starting to get restless. I have a Vegas trip planned for April 12th-15th, and it's coming up, but not nearly soon enough. Going with my girlfriend. Was supposed to be at least one other person coming with us, but she bitched out last minute and came up with lame excuses, even though she's the one who picked this week, cause it's her spring break... whatever. We are gonna be staying at Imperial Palace, mostly for the location and price. Got a nice deal on a Deluxe room, and it's right in the middle of the strip.

I plan on playing at Caesars mostly I think. They have a new poker room that i've heard great things about, and some very well structured daily tournaments that I am just itching to play.

I've been trying to get on a nice little run poker wise, so I can have a good amount to take with me on the trip, but I have been treading water for a few weeks now. Up and down like a yo-yo. The BR is stuck just under 2k and the only time I seem to run good, is right after I've already run bad, lol. I'm trying to fade the runs the best I can, but I am feeling beat up lately. That's poker though. I'm doing my best to keep as level a head as I can, and not get too upset over specific hands. On a good note though... I have been very aware of times i've been getting sucked out on, and getting away for the bare minimum, whether it's limit or NL... so that's a good sign. I'm playing well, I just need a little help from the cards now.

Played a mix of limit, NL, and tournies today... Ran like total crap in the tournies... AA to K2, ya know, stuff like that. Limit was more of the same... I was getting drawn out on left and right, but got away from most of the hands for fairly cheap. Still was down more than I'd like to be, but I hit a few hands in NL, and made $200 or so for the day playing that, and actually came out a little bit ahead for the day. Nothing worth mentioning, but at least it's not in the negative.

Sorry, the point was... hopefully I run good in the next week or so, because I'd love to have a nice chunk to bring to Vegas with me... because I want to play at least one of the Caesars tournies, but possibly more. Plus a mix of cash games. Probably some 1/2NL, but I'll probably sit in some 2/4 or 3/6 to play with Brigette a little bit. Maybe have a few drinks while i'm doing that.

I can't wait though. I hope the next few weeks go by quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home