Saturday, March 25, 2006

Late Stage Luck....

This is what I have had absolutely none of lately.

I've been playing a few tournies lately, and I manage to get deep in almost all of them... Even cashing in about half I would say of the last 6 maybe.

But every time I get through the bubble, I just cannot win a hand to save my life. When I'm the favorite, it doesn't matter, and if I'm behind, I can't win those either. The blinds force you to make moves later on for all your chips unless you got lucky early on, but it seems that I cannot bust a shorstack to save my damn life. The shorstacks especially... Such as tonight... I open raise from MP with 99, blinds are 500/1000, I have about 15k... I make it 3k to go... shorstack button pushes for 6k... I call, as I have no real choice at this point... He has KJ... flop is KK5... Of course it is. It's basically the story of my life lately. I always seem to get to the bubble in at least decent shape, but once we get through, I get a few good hands and wind up losing all my chips because I can't win a race.

Anyway, I'm just venting because I am sick of spending 3 hours in a tourney and not even doubling my buy-in. It's not even worth it... I mean, just let me get lucky once or twice and make a fucking Final table for a change. Is that really to much to ask occasionally?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home