Friday, March 03, 2006

Not much news....

Haven't played a ton the past few days, have had work and at least attempted to do something for school, although i'm falling majorly behind and that's not good.

Played the 8k guaranteed on Tilt tonight with Hoosier. We swapped 20% if either of us final tabled, although neither of us were that lucky. We both managed to cash though. Top 36 paid of around 375. It was a total rollercoaster for me, I doubled up with AA on the very first hand and kept building until I hit about 7500 and lost a big pot, but I forget what it was exactly, some shorstack sucked out I think. So then I lost another shortly after and i'm back at 3500, right where I started basically. Hit a few hands from there and got myself back up to around 9k and then AA loses to 77 when the flop was 1072, ugh. So now i'm back around 3k, except blinds are enormous and I have maybe 3M. I think they were 300/600 w/ 50 ante. So then I go completely card dead of course, for like 2 rounds, and finally pick up J9o UTG when i have like 1750 left and push and suckout against AK. Up to about 4500 and I push again with K10, i'm up against Ax and JJ, and the flop is 9JQ and I triple there and i'm right back in it.

Then things go well from there, hit a few hands, and i'm over 20k, and had been abusing the blinds on my button, but I had a hand every time I raised, I just kept happening to get hands on the button and it kept folding to me, so they really thought I was stealing... well right around 20k, with blinds at 500/1000, I make it 4k with 77, the SB has a few more chips than me, and pushes all-in.... now i KNOW i'm ahead here, he's just frustrated with my raising, so i take most of my time and eventually call... He flips A9o... Flop is JJ2.. Turn 5.... River 9!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK??? So much for my beautiful $2k. Wound up taking 20th, which is basically a waste of time. Hoosier got in just under the bubble, although now he's focusing on a party tourney where he's got a solid chiplead with 15 to go. Wish I had a % on that one!

So other than the tourney, been playing 3/6 and it's been up and down. More up than down though, but that's the world of limit I guess. Been beating it for about 4.5-5 bb/100 so far. So that's not too bad. Hopefully it keeps up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home