Thursday, April 27, 2006

Vegas Is Awesome!

I love it more every time. This was my 2nd trip, and I always hate leaving.

It's kinda late right now and i'm heading to bed, but a quick recap, and maybe I'll fill it in more later. I've been back like 2 weeks now, i'm just slow.

Went and stayed at Imperial Palace, mainly for the good location. Room was decent though, and didn't have many complaints. The dealers in their poker room pretty much sucked, but I didn't play there a ton anyway. I spent most of my poker time over at Caesars, which I absolutely love. Their new poker room is awesome. Spacious, good games, and the staff is very good and friendly.

I played in two of the $130 noon tournies, which has a great structure, especially for the price. $80 gets you 1500 chips, and a $50 rebuy gets 3000 more. I took it right away both times. That's about the extent of the good news for these tournies though. I was more card dead than i've ever been in my life both times. The first time, I somehow managed to survive to like 19th even though I probably played 6 hands, without exaggurating. Then when I did finally bust, My KQ got beat my J9... of course. The second time I was just as card dead, but didn't last as long when I made a bad read and called an all-in when I figured I was killed or he was on a total bluff... I just happened to be wrong.. it happens.

But the cash games... Ooooh, the cash games. I only played 1/2NL at Caesars, but it was a blast. I played 3 sessions, and I made $260, $270, and $565 respectively. Those were some great games, I hit a few hands, but mostly played well and just had a lot of players call me down with worse hands, mostly kickers. It would've been about $300 more on that last session if Lance (Pupsta on FCP) didn't suck out on me on my very last hand. I had QT and limped, he and another guy to his left got in the hand with me, the flop was AhKhJx... I checked the flop and it checked around. Now I KNEW someone had to have something here, so I checked the turn too... Gets to the 3rd guy in the hand who makes a bet of $25, I make it $50, now Lance only has $130 I think, and pushes. The other guy calls, and I just call here, because I don't know which one of them has the hearts, but I know someone does. Well the river comes a disgusting 2 of hearts, and I check as does the other guy, and Lance shows his JhTh for the rivered flush in a monster pot. Over $350 in the middle I think. I had already said it was my last hand, so I headed out, and still had a nice win on my hands.

I wound up winning enough in the cash games to pay for the 2 tournaments, the hotel room, all the dinners and still have about $200 or so extra to come home with. So that's pretty much an ideal vegas trip. Can't wait to go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home