Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Job Searching Sucks!!

Still looking for a real job. Things are going really slow and it's becoming pretty discouraging. The problem is that i'm extremely smart, and pretty much able to do anything that anyone else can do, aside from highly specialized positions. Except my experience is so widespread, and nobody wants to give me a shot at anything. I had a great interview with a new restaurant, and he had issues with a liquor license and didn't get to hire a full staff. I could probably get a job there once that's resolved, but who knows when that will be. I'd prefer an office job though, but first of all, i'm not a girl, and god forbid a guy actually work in an office unless he's the head of something. Same shit with the bars is this stupid city too. If you don't have tits, then there's not much point to even bother. I'm getting extremely frustrated. I can do 90% of jobs, and better than the idiots who actually get the jobs... Why the hell can't I actually get hired, or geez... at least an interview! It's so sick how biased the job market is. Equal Opportunity my overly qualified ass!!!

So yeah... Any Chicagoans who read the blog. Let me know if you know of anything I should try, or if anyone works anywhere who might be hiring. Shoot me an email. suited_up@hotmail.com

Cause from my experience, that's the only way to ever get a job, is to know someone who already works there. Even that wasn't enough at one place, and when a friend of mine asked why, they wouldn't even tell her why. She told them the only difference between the two of us is that she's a girl, and I'm a guy, we have the same experience... and they said... Oh No... It's not that! And she's like... well I don't see what else it could be. They had no response. Of course not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home